ViaSat Antenna Systems
ViaSat is on a mission to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, ViaSat designs, integrates and delivers secure, high-performance satellite and wireless services. Its business unit in Lausanne is a centre of excellence for phased arrays and new technologies, products and applications for satellite communications. Applications for satellite communication include drone systems, connected vehicles, 3D printing and IoT. It is also a service and operations centre for Europe, developing key elements of the satellite system for ViaSat's next generation of high capacity satellites.
Field of Expertise
- Satcom systems for high-capacity satellites
- Design, manufacture and test antennas for mobile satellite telecommunication
- Centre of excellence for phased array
- Drones systems and applications
- Connected vehicles
- Internet of Things
- 3D Printing
- Project AIDAN - Public Private Partnership with European Space Agency (ESA) to develop, validate and roll out a highly innovative ground segment for third generation class satellite system ViaSat-3.
- SatCare - ESA project of inambulance telemedicine with broadband satellite connectivity.
- ViaDrone - ESA project to fly Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems in civilian airspace for new applications.