SWISSto12 is a start-up company that spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), in 2011. The company pioneers in the field of radio frequency antenna, waveguide and filter products based on additive manufacturing. Specialized product designs are 3D printed in high-performance polymers or metals and subsequently metal plated through proprietary processes. This novel approach to manufacturing features drastic weight reductions, extended design flexibility and reduced costs. SWISSto12 products are commercialized for use both on ground and in space for satellite telecommunication applications.
Field of Expertise
- RF antennas, waveguides and filters
- Satellite RF payload components
- Satellite user terminal RF components
- Additive manufacturing of polymers and metals for RF applications
- Surface treatment of additive manufactured products
- RF and mechanical design and testing of RF components
SWISSto12 is a highly innovative technology company, which has already successfully tested its products with key industrial customers in the satellite telecommunications industry such as:
- The European Space Agency
- Cobham antenna systems
- Thales Alenia Space
- Airbus Defense and Space
The company is currently in the process of completing the qualification of its products for aerospace and space applications in view of first flights in 2018. In parallel, its products are already commercialized for use on the ground and for scientific research applications.