Now a listed company, Astrocast SA is the most advanced global nanosatellite IoT network, tackling challenges in industries such as Agriculture & Livestock, Oil, Gas & Mining, Maritime, Environmental, Connected Vehicles, and IoT devices.
The Astrocast network enables companies to monitor, track, assess, and communicate with critical remote assets from anywhere in the world. In partnership with Airbus, CEA/LETI, the European Space Agency, and Thuraya, Astrocast developed the Astronode S, a cutting-edge modem featuring low profile L-band antenna, ultra-low power consumption, and a small form factor.
Founded in 2014 by a renowned team of experts, Astrocast designs builds, and tests all its products in-house, from the satellites to the modules. The Astrocast network will consist of 100 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) nanosatellites.
Field of Expertise
- Design, manufacturing, integration, testing, launch and operations of LEO nanosatellites
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M)telecommunications,Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Design, testing, industrialisation and integration of low-power IoT L-band modems and antennas
Astrocast is the first Swiss satellite operator. The company was built from the ground up in about 5 years and includes the following elements:
- Partly automated Ground Segment & Mission Control Center
- Space Segment of 12 advanced nanosatellites (as of 2021) equipped with deorbiting capability
- Complete nanosatellite manufacturing and testing facility capable of producing 20+ satellites per year
- Developement and industrialization capabilities to mass produce lowpower and low-cost IoT modems and antennas.