Meggitt PLC is an international group operating in North America, Europe and Asia. Known for its specialised extreme environment engineering, Meggitt is a world leader in aerospace, defence and energy.
Meggitt employs approximately 12,000 people at over 40 manufacturing facilities and regional offices worldwide. Meggitt SA - trading as Meggitt Sensing Systems Switzerland - has become worldwide recognised as a leading supplier of high-performance and high reliability sensing and monitoring systems measuring physical parameters in the extreme environments.
Field of Expertise
- Piezo-electric transducers
- Vibration and dynamic pressure transducers
- Our systems measure displacement, relative and absolute vibration, rotational speed and dynamic pressure for space applications
- Meggitt's sensors withstand temperatures from -253°C to +780°C, pressures up to 350 bar and vibration up to 10,000g
- Meggitt's sensors use the eddy current measurement principle
Meggitt has been designing systems for space applications since the early 1970s, including high-performance vibration and dynamic pressure transducers and electronics for launchers and satellites.
Meggitt's instrumentation further supported the development of the Vulcain and Vulcain 2 engines of the Ariane 5 launcher. Many of Meggitt's systems are flight qualified for Ariane 5.