ProfileThe École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is Europe's most cosmopolitan technical university with students, professors and staff from over 110 nations.
A dynamic environment, open to Switzerland and the world, EPFL is centered on its three missions: teaching, research and technology transfer.
EPFL works together with an extensive network of partners including other universities and institutes of technology, developing and emerging countries, secondary schools and colleges, industry and economy, political circles and the general public, to bring about real impact for society.
EPFL at a glance
- Created in 1968 (roots back to 1853)
- 10'124 students (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- 338 faculties
- Annual Expenses: 965 MCHF
- 210 start-ups established between 2000 and 2015
- 14th World University for Engineering and Technology (2015 THE)