Almatech is a privately-held Swiss SME specialized in the design, engineering and MAIT of ultra-stable structures, high-precision mechanisms and thermo-optical hardware for the European space market.
Since its inception in 2009, Almatech contributed to multiple ESA missions such
as PREMIER, Bepi Colombo, Solar Orbiter, Sentinel-5, CHEOPS, Exomars 2020 and Metop-SG including numerous successful hardware deliveries.
Almatech engineering competencies range from inventive concept definition through topnotch structural and thermal analyses to the final delivery of fully-tested flight hardware.
Field of Expertise
- Structural and thermal analysis
- High-precision mechanisms
- Compliant systems
- Lightweight Structures
- Ultra-stable CFRP Structures
- Exotic materials and processes
- Multi-layer insulation (MLI)
- Thermo-optical coatings
- FLEX Calibration Unit
- SVOM MXT Instrument Structure
- CHEOPS Telescope Optical Structure
- Sentinel-5 instrument Structure and Radiators
- Solar Orbiter Slit Change
- Mechanism (SCM) of the SPICE instrument
- Solar Orbiter Attenuator Mechanism (ATM) of the STIX instrument
- Exomars 2020 Carrier Module MLI and its support structure
- Metop-SG SAS MLI and MLI fixation